NEET UG 2018 is an All India entrance exam conducted by CBSE for admissions to MBBS / BDS courses offered by Indian Medical and Dental Schools. Apart from AIIMS and JIPMER, admission to all medical and dental colleges of India is through NEET. NEET was held in 2016 and 2017 and now the dates and notification for 2018 are announced. NEET 18 will be conducted on 6th May 2018. The forms for NEET UG 2018 will be filled online from 8th Feb 2018 to 9th March 2018 on http://cbseneet.nic.in/cbseneet/welcome.aspx
NEET UG 2018 will be conducted at 150 center across India. List of NEET 2018 centers can be found here. http://cbseneet.nic.in/cbseneet/examination_centers.aspx
There are approximately 60000+ MBBS seats in India which will be filled through NEET 2018.
Eligibility for NEET UG 2018 exam
The applicants who wish to apply for NEET 2018 exam must possess following criteria
- Applicants must be in the age group of 17-25 years as on the date of exam (upper age limit is 30 years for candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC/ PH category).
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English with minimum 50% marks (40% marks for candidates belonging to reserved category)
- Students who are going to appear for the Class 12 board exam are also eligible to apply.
- For NIOS candidates or those who took Biology as additional subject, There is relieved from the Delhi High Court. CBSE has allowed the Open school/private mode students to apply for the NEET-18 exam.For details click here NEET-18 for Open School/Private mode Students.
- Aadhaar number is mandatory for NEET 2018 registration
Examination Fees Details and last date for submission of Application Form
|Submission of on-line application forms||For Fee Through online Modes|
|08.02.2018 (Thursday) to 09.03.2018 (Friday) upto 23:50 Hrs. (IST)|
|Schedule for successful payment of online fee|
|08.02.2018 (Thursday) to 10.03.2018 (Saturday) upto 23:50 Hrs. (IST)|
|On-line correction of data in application form||12.03.2018 (Monday) to 16.03.2018 (Friday)|
|Date of uploading of Admit Cards on website||2nd week of April, 2018|
|Date of Examination, NEET(UG), 2018||06.05.2018 (Sunday)|
|Display of OMR Sheet*||The date will be intimated on CBSE NEET 2018 website|
|Display of Answer Key*||The date will be intimated on CBSE NEET 2018 website|
|Declaration of Result*||05th June, 2018 (Tuesday)|
|*For exact date, candidate may remain in touch with CBSE NEET UG 2018 website.|
|FOR UR/OBC||Rs.1400/- (INR)|
|FOR SC/ST/PH||Rs.750/- (INR)|
Our Advice to Candidates
- Candidates are advised to fill the NEET 2018 application form correctly in order to avoid any problem
- Please also fill your Aadhar number and details properly as Aadhar is mandatory for NEET 2018
- Please read the NEET UG 2018 Admission notice and Information Bullletin very carefully before filling online form and before submitting application for NEET 2018
- Candidates must follow the dress code mentioned. In past years during NEET 2016 and NEET 2017, there have been instances where candidates went through some problem at test centers when they were not in proper dress code
- One should reach the test center 15 minutes prior to time mentioned
- Questions should be addressed properly since there is negative marking
Analysis of NEET 2017
In NEET 2017, nearly 11 Lac candidates appeared for the exam and approximately 6 Lac candidates were able to clear. The paper was of 720 marks. Under general category the cut off were 131 and under reserved category the cut off were 107 marks.
After NEET 2018, also, merit list will be prepared for admission as per guidelines of Hon’ble Supreme Court. All the admission to MBBS / BDS will be through this merit list.
From 2018 onwards, NEET is mandatory for MBBS abroad. It is clearly mentioned in the notification point no 13 that “Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt of India has decided for the Indian students who wish to pursue MBBS / BDS from a foreign medical institute need to qualigy NEET UG 2018“. We advice our students who want to study abroad, that they also have to fill NEET UG 2018 forms and pass the exam.
ALL THE BEST FOR NEET-UG 2018!!!