MBBS in Mauritius
Mauritius is a dream holiday destination for people around the world. Few are those who get an opportunity to study and spend their 5 years in a beautiful country like Mauritius. It is like spending the best 5 years of one’s life. So MBBS in Mauritius has become a very popular destination for Indian students who are looking for quality education and also wants to study in a culture very similar to India. While studying mbbs in mauritius, you never feel like out of India. Most of the NEET 2018 eligible candidates who are interested in studying abroad are choosing MBBS in Mauritius as their first destination.
Advantage of studying MBBS in Mauritius
- MBBS colleges in Mauritius are MCI approved
- Indian faculty which helps students in better understanding of subject of MBBS
- The course and curriculum of all medical colleges of Mauritius are as per MCI pattern
- MBBS colleges in Mauritius are included in World directory of medical school
- Huge Indian Diaspora, atmosphere and culture as India, students don’t feel out of the country and there is no cultural shock thus making it easy for students specially girls to adjust
- Safety and security. The country is very secure specially because of being an International holiday destination
- Soothing climate, Indian food habits, most common languages are – English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi
- No donation, no capitation for any MBBS in Mauritius medical school
- Cost of studying MBBS in Mauritius is nearly half of that MBBS in India private medical school
MBBS in Mauritius is approved by the following international agencies
- WHO – World Health Organization
- MCI – Medical Council of India
- FAIMER – Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research
- SAQA – South African Qualification Authority
- TEC – Tertiary Education Commission Mauritius
- IMED – International Medical Education Directory
- ECFMG – Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates
- MRCP – Membership of Royal College of Physicians
- USMLE – United States Medical Licensing Examination
- LMCC – Licentiate of the Medical College of Canada
- GAME – Global Alliance for Medical Education
All the colleges in Mauritius for studying MBBS have excellent Infrastructure with modern facilities for quality health education and health delivery. Most of the experienced and dedicated faculty is from Mauritius and India. The campuses are beautiful and spacious. The education is so highly recognized that apart from India, the MBBS colleges in Mauritius attract students from various parts of the world – there are students from United States, Canada, Australia, United Kingdon, New Zealand, South Africa, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Egypt, Maldives, Malaysia, Singapore, Middle East, Tanzania, Kenya, Nigeria, Benin, and Namibia studying MBBS in Mauritius. This gives a global edge to medical education.
You have the option to study MBBS in Mauritius from either of the below mentioned institutions. Studying MBBS in Mauritius fee structure is also given below
SSR Medical College Mauritius – Package 43 Lac for 2018 intake
SSR medical college fee structure is low and it has quality education at such a low cost mbbs. This SSR medical college mauritius has all the medical equipment imported from Japan and SSR medical college has best labs and facilities. Clinical training at SSR medical college mauritius is provided at two hospital which are 600 and 800 beds multispeciality hospitals so that students of SSR medical college can learn about the practical aspects in detail. SSR medical college is the first medical college of Mauritius. SSR medical college is developed on international standards. It has air conditioned library with on line connectivity and wi fi facility. Students passing out of SSR medical college become successful doctors in their life.
From 2018 onwards, passing in NEET is mandatory for getting admission in SSR medical college Mauritius. Only those students who clear NEET will get MCI eligibility for getting admission in SSR medical college. Cost of studying in SSR medical college Mauritius is very low compared to private medical colleges of India.
Anna Medical College Mauritius – Package 41 Lac for 2018 intake
Anna medical college Mauritius has all the modern facilities required for a medical college. MBBS faculty of Anna medical college is from India and Mauritius hence Indian students feel comfortable in studying at Anna medical college. Anna medical college has a large library with more than 7000 medical books available for its students. Students from various parts of world come and study at Anna medical college Mauritius. There are students from India, Mauritius, Australia, UK, USA, Canada, South Africa to name a few who are studying in Anna medical college. Anna medical college has multimedia classrooms to improve clinical skills, simulation labs, and one of the most modern expansive medical laboratories in Mauritius.
From 2018 onwards, passing in NEET is mandatory for getting admission in Anna medical college Mauritius. Only those students who clear NEET will get MCI eligibility for getting admission in Anna medical college. Cost of studying in Anna medical college Mauritius is half compared to private medical colleges of India.
MBBS in Mauritius is of 5 years. Students also have the option of doing their internships from Mauritius hospitals. If they opt for internship then total duration becomes 6 years.
MBBS in Mauritius (5 years) + Internship (1 year) = Total 6 years
Hostel & Food
Adequate amount of hostels are available for students willing to pursue MBBS in Mauritius. One can also stay in private accommodation alongwith other students. Mauritius being a tourist destination, the country is considered to be one of the safest place in world. Food habits of Mauritius is very similar to that of India. Students doing MBBS in Mauritius don’t face any problem related to stay and food. Students who go to Mauritus to study MBBS easily adjust to the place as the country is just like mini India. Food habits and living conditions in Mauritius are just like India. MBBS from Mauritius is considered to be the best option for Indian students who want good education at less budget.
Eligibility of Indian Students
Eligibility for Indian students who wish to study MBBS in Mauritius is as follows:
- Passed XII class from approved board with minimum 60% marks
- Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English in XII
- Cleared NEET 2018 for 2018 intake