MBBS from USA is a dream of many students. 4Track Learning, a leading Study MBBS Abroad consultant has tie-ups with many high ranked universities in USA/ Central America / Caribbean offering under graduate medical studies to foreign students. Studying in the USA is the best option for Indian students as the MCI recognized and MCI Test FMGE Exempted. American education is considered to be the in the world. What better to get an MBBS from America. MBBS from America gives a global edge and world-wide acceptance.
These medical schools have excellent infrastructure and quality education. They also have ECFMG and ACGME recognition. Hence the students can do his clinical rotations in USA and can go to build a great medical career. This is best option for Indian students for studying medicine abroad. The USMLE passing success rate in these medical schools is above 89%.
Biggest advantage of MBBS from America is that the students are exempted from FMGE / MCI screening.
For MBBS from abroad for Indian students, MCI recognizes medical education of 5 countries – USA, Canada, UK, Australia and New Zealand. MBBS colleges in USA for Indian students on Caribbean island are becoming very popular. Through this route, one gets a quality education at fraction of cost. 4Track Learning always work towards making available quality medical education to Indian students. Though unexpected, MBBS from America is considerably less costlier than MBBS from India. The quality of education of MBBS from America / Caribbean is far ahead than private MBBS colleges in India. Living standards are best in the world.
Benefits of studying MBBS in USA / Central America / the Caribbean
- Some Caribbean Medical Colleges have tie ups in India offering first 6 month of foundation program in Indian Medical Colleges. It will help students to be friend with other class mates and understand the course structure in India.
- These countries have high standards of living; Safe, secure and peaceful environment.
- The duration of course is short : 4 – 5.5 Years for Indian students, hence candidates saves on time and money
- For admissions to these medical schools, MCAT Scores not required
- IELTS / TOEFL scores are not mandatoryfor MBBS from USA
- Climate of these countries is very similar to India. The area being a world tourist destination, all the medical and infrastructure facilities are available. Students feel at home during the course of study
- There are more than 25 Lac Indians already settled in Caribbean countries. Some countries like Guyana has a population of more than 45% Indians, hence students don’t feel culture shock. It is easy for students to adjust to local environment
- Many universities have Indian management and they havethousands of Indian students already studying
- Three intakes a year: January, May and September. So students seeking admission in MBBS abroad dont waste time waiting for next year
- High Visa success rate and lower documentation requirements
- In most Universities, students write the NBME – National Board of Medical Examiners’ examination, USA’s board examinations on completion of Basic Medical Sciences and Clinical Sciences. (In other countries, the exams are all internal or conducted by the local governments’ examination authority)
- NBME is the body that conducts the USMLE examinations as well. Hence, most of these Medical universities follow 100% the same curriculum followed in USA / Canada.
- Particularly, Pathology, Internal, Family and community Medicine modules are the same as in USA (In other countries its different)
- Students get dedicatedUSMLE training / preparations during the course
- Candidates have the option to do their clinical rotations from USA or from Caribbean government hospitals.
- After completion of course, if candidate gets good USMLE score, then pursuing PG from USA is free of cost. During post graduation from USA, good amount of salary is paid
- There is a shortage of doctorsin USA and UK. This has increased the chance of residency in USA for Indian students in the past years
- Practical and Perfectly planned education curriculum and pattern that results in high success rates in licensing examinations (Like USMLE, MCI, PLAB, AMC etc)
Apart from imparting medical education, the universities focus completely on the licensing examination [USMLE (USA), MCCQE (Canada), PLAB (UK), AMC (Aus / NZ), etc.] and prepare the aspiring students to be successful in the same.
List of MBBS colleges in Central America
We have tie-ups with following medical schools for MBBS abroad. All these are MCI recognized medical colleges abroad
- Ross University (Ranked No 2)
- American University of Antigua – AUA (Ranked No 5)
- American International Medical University St. Lucia – AIMU (Ranked No 9)
- American University of Barbados – AUB
- Belize Medical College – CAHSU
- Texila American University – TAU
- St Martinis University
These medical schools follows US medical pattern and are focused on clearing USMLE so that students can avail the advantage of doing their clinical rotations from USA.
MBBS in America is approved and recognized by following international agencies
- MCI – Medical Council of India
- Governments of the countries they are located in
- ECFMG – Education Council for Foreign Medical Graduates, USA
- FAIMER’s IMED – Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research’s International Medical Education Directory
- ACGME – Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education – Teaching hospitals in USA
- MCC – Medical Council of Canada
- WHO – World Health Organization’s Avicenna Directories
5 Easy Steps – A guide to MBBS from USA / Caribbean / Central America. For those who want to study quality MBBS in America or abroad at low cost
STEP 1 – Students who wish to pursue MBBS abroad should consult 4Track Learning. Know about the eligibility criteria and requirements, entrance examinations, universities, costs, visa success rates, future career prospects, etc. Our team of experts will guide you for the best possible solutions
STEP 2 – Apply for the University of your Choice with academic documents, statement of purpose, reference letter, etc
STEP 3 – On successful admission and payment of a part of tuition fee, prepare the Visa documents and apply for Visa and make travel arrangements
STEP 4 – On Visa approval, fly to Central America / Caribbean. Enroll with the University.
STEP 5 -After getting admission, the students have to go through the following steps
- Study Basic Sciences (1 – 1.5 Yr if required).
- Study Pre – Medical Sciences – 5 Terms (2 Years).
- Write NBME Board Exams and USMLE Step 1 (USMLE is optional)
- Study Clinical Sciences or Clinical Rotations in USA / Canada / UK (PLAB/USMLE not required) / the Caribbean teaching hospitals (2 Years, actually 72 weeks)
- Write USMLE Step 2 CK and CS (Optional)
- Write NMBE Clinical board exams
- Graduate – Earn a Doctor of Medicine – MD degree equivalent to MBBS in India
- Apply for Residency program in USA through NRMP after successful USMLE Step 1, Step 2 – CK and CS scores
STEP 6 (PG in USA) – Pursue Residency in USA / Canada / other countries. Study PG free of Cost, earn stipend of USD 3,500 – 12,000 /month. Earn Specialization / super specialty in desired field of medicine. Clear USMLE Step 3 and BECOME A FULLY LICENCED PHYSICIAN IN USA / Canada / other countries! FMGE (MCI Screening) not required after UG/PG/Licensing in USA, Canada, UK, Australia and New Zealand!
Fee structure and living expenses are different for different universities. The MBBS abroad low cost packages start from 40 Lac and above which include all the expense of fees, accommodation, food, academic and other expenses. Our associate will be able to guide you specifically about this.
However, the cost involved in pursuing a similar quality MBBS Abroad, is very high. The students, on clearing USMLE / other licensing examinations get an entry into the residency program, which is lucrative enough for the student to retrieve the cost completely in Maximum 1 – 2 Years. This is the best option if you want to study MBBS abroad at low cost and high quality education.
This is the main reason that a lot of students are choosing MBBS from USA over MBBS from Russia, MBBS from China, MBBS from Georgia and from other countries. If we take the total benefits of MBBS from America vis-à-vis cost involved, then the benefits will certainly outweigh cost by a huge amount.
Scholarship for MBBS in USA for Indian students are also available to aspiring students based on academic performance and merit, passion towards studying medicine, need, etc. 4Track Learning team would support all eligible students in the process of applying for scholarships.
Career after studying MBBS in Caribbean / South America / USA
After doing MBBS from USA / Central America / Caribbean, students can work in either USA or Caribbean.
Option 1 – USA – After clearing USMLE candidates can work in USA. Working conditions in USA hospitals are said to be the best in the world. You gain exceptional knowledge and experience under senior residents.
Option 2 – Caribbean – CAAM-HP recognition enables you to start practicing in the Caribbean/South America as a general physician immediately after completion of your MBBS from Caribbean. Minimum salary of doctor in this region is $2000-$2500/month.
Option 3 – India – After studying MBBS in USA, you can also work in India. American degrees are regarded very high in Indian hospitals and medical colleges. MBBS from America is considered to be of utmost quality doctors.
Medical universities in the Caribbean have 3 intakes every year – January, May and September.
Students should apply at least 2 months prior to the course start date for successful admissions. The documents required for application are:
- 10th std mark sheets and pass certificate
- 12th std mark sheets and pass certificate
- UG Mark Sheets and Certificate (If any)
- Copy of passport
- Statement of purpose
- Reference letters
The documents required may vary time to time. Kindly contact 4Track Learning for updated information and assistance on your application and subsequent process.
Most countries initially offer 1-3 Year visa for the students, which can be renewed on arrival / yearly basis.
The following documents are required for the Visa application and renewal:
- Academic documents (10th, 12th, etc)
- Medical Certificate
- Admission and acceptance letters, etc
MBBS in USA for Indian students is available at low cost with Scholarship. This is also a Path to settle in USA after PG. No MCI screening Test. Education loan available. Apply here!